Sheplegh Court is located in the Heart of the South Hams countryside between the pretty, arty town of Totnes and the historic and picturesque naval port of Dartmouth.
- Dartmouth Golf & Country Club (25% discount on all the leisure facilities, championship and 9-hole golf course and 10% reduction on beauty treatment) . Thurlestone and Bigbury Golf Clubs close-by
- Dartington Hall (famous for its music festival) and Cider Press (restaurants and shops)
- Paignton and Dartmouth Steam Railway Riverboat – Dartmouth to Totnes. Bus – Totnes to Paignton and Steam Train – Dartmouth
- Family fun: Woodlands all-weather Leisure Park
- Beaches: Blackpool Sands, Slapton Sands, South Sands, North Sands, Hope Cove, Bantham, Bigbury within easy reach
- Water sports: Dart River Kayaking/Canoeing, Tuckenhay Canoe Adventures
- Salcombe estuary (sailing, canoeing, diving);
- Bantham and Bigbury (surfing)
- Walking: miles of coastline, countryside and traffic-free lanes
- Fishing: sea and freshwater angling and crabbing for children close-by!
- Dartmoor: wildlife, walking, riding within easy reach
- Good places to visit: Dartmouth, Salcombe, Dartmoor, Totnes, Kingsbridge, Plymouth